Part 2: How did we gain 200 followers within a month?
In the last part of my blog I explored why you may be losing Instagram followers and shared five metrics that you need to take into consideration when building an Instagram strategy.
In this part, I’d like to build on that advice by sharing some tips on what made C&B’s strategy highly successful. We’ve gained almost 200 followers within just one month! People have started to visit our profile and notice us, and we’ve also started to appear on the explore page.
How did we achieve this?
- Making a great first impression: We followed a concise visual style, sticking to a specific look and feel that uses our brand colours and has immediate visual impact.
- Capturing our context: By creating more posts that are linked to local, national and international occasions and initiatives, we have given our news context and relevance.
- Winning words: We’ve created rich, engaging captions that include clear calls to action and speak to our audience, keeping them interested in our page.
- Beyond images: Photos are great but there is so much more we have done with this platform, including introducing new-age PR methods such as infographics and videos.
- Creative hash-tagging: We’ve harnessed the power of the hashtag by generating creative examples that relate to us and to our industry, which has boosted our exposure.
- Have fun: There’s nothing wrong with having fun and it can really enhance engagement. In fact, our riddle questions have resulted in some of our highest engagement rates.
- Checking in: We’ve grown closer to our audience by posting on a daily basis in a consistent matter, so they know what we’re up to.
If you work for a public relations agency, Instagram is a vital platform to master and I hope these tips will help. Remember, your Instagram following is not going to magically grow overnight, but if you have patience and a clear strategy to follow, it will come! I promise.
Joyce Mourad is the Senior Account Executive of Cicero & Bernay Public Relations. An independent PR agency headquartered in Dubai and offering new-age public relations consultancy to the UAE and across the MENA. | www.cbpr.me