Part 2 – How to become a strong influencer on LinkedIn
In the first part of my blog, I highlighted the importance of LinkedIn in our daily lives. Working at one of the top PR agencies in Dubai, we’ve learnt the practice of marketing your brand and yourself in a professionally lit online space. If you don’t already have an account, here are five steps to get you started and make you an effective LinkedIn influencer:
- Create a strong account: Put a clear and professional image of yourself and then add a Profile Headline to your current position, along with a summary of your skills
- Build a true network: The wider your relationship, the more influential you become. The rule of thumb is that your network of personal friends and colleagues should not exceed 30%. The remaining 70% should be friends and colleagues directly connected to you or your business
- Write specialised articles: Draft successful case studies that you have worked on previously, or articles that address a relevant topic, and always include examples to support your claim
- Interaction: Keep in touch with your audience on an ongoing basis. The wider your audience is, the more you will get noticed in the business market
- Show your strength and act like an influencer: Express your social and professional views without focusing on negative issues. This may not always be avoided in certain industry situations, so approach your communication with care and establish the right solution for a problem.
With these five steps and with an impactful profile, you are bound to get noticed on this extremely important tool in this day and age. LinkedIn offers more than just an online CV and can be utilised to a brand’s benefit as well.
Ribal Temraz is Account Manager at Cicero & Bernay Public Relations, an independent PR agency headquartered in Dubai offering new-age public relations consultancy to the UAE and across the MENA region. | www.cbpr.me