Productivity Matters | Part 1
The concept of productivity is as old as the idea of work. Since always, people have been trying to do their best at work. Productivity has also been one of the most sought after attributes in employees and companies across the world prefer people who can maintain their productivity even in stressful situations.
But it is still not a value that every employee can boast of. There are some tricks that you can use to master the art of productivity.
- Track time: Track and limit how much time you’re spending on tasks. Only 17 per cent of people are able to accurately estimate the passage of time. It is important to know how much time you spend on daily tasks.
- Take breaks: Take regular breaks. Plan and keep equal intervals between your one-stretch sitting time so that you can refresh your mind as and when needed. Taking scheduled breaks can actually help improve concentration and maintain a constant level of performance.
- Quit multitasking: Multitasking is a good idea, but not so good when it comes to work. Attempting to do several tasks at once can result in lost time and productivity.
- Have a plan: Organise and be proactive. Have a plan in hand and then do your best to stick to it.
- Beautified workplace: A good looking office with elements that are soothing and pleasing, has a positive impact on your productivity levels. Researches show that aesthetically pleasing elements in the workplace can increase productivity by up to 15 per cent.
For more tips, read the next part of the blog.
Nasreen Syed is Senior Account Executive at Cicero & Bernay Public Relations, an independent PR agency headquartered in Dubai offering new-age public relations consultancy to the UAE and across the MENA region. | www.cbpr.me