Productivity Matters | Part 2
In the previous part you read about motivation and the part it plays in productivity. Here are some more tricks you can explore to be a more productive team member:
- Minimise distractions: Even brief interruptions appear to produce a change in work pattern and a corresponding drop in productivity, say experts. Minimise interruptions when you are working on time-sensitive projects.
- Set small goals: Sometimes, looking at daily tasks and long-term goals can be overwhelming. Make small goals for a day. This will keep you on track in your day-to-day work life and make the bigger projects seem less discouraging.
- Morning routine: Take care of the biggest and most demanding tasks in the morning. The time when you are most alert is the time when you are most productive too.
- Be positive with yourself: Never take your hard work for granted, or beat up on yourself for not ticking off tasks from your list. Only you can be your biggest motivation and if you decide to judge yourself on wrong metrics, there are chances you’ll prove yourself true.
- Have a positive partner: Always make workplace friends who are encouraging and positive. After all, a man is known by the company he keeps. And this is true for the workplace as well. Having positive people around can have dramatically better results when it comes to productivity.
Nasreen Syed is Senior Account Executive at Cicero & Bernay Public Relations, an independent PR agency headquartered in Dubai offering new-age public relations consultancy to the UAE and across the MENA region. | www.cbpr.me