Hashtags may feature as the most recent trend in marketing campaigns, but it is important to be aware that they are not appropriate for every, tweet and picture on Instagram or Facebook. Hashtags should be used in moderation. The hash sign can be a powerful tool, but there are a few considerations that need to be taken into account before hashtagging is deployed as a part of your strategic communications.
Main reasons for using hashtags:
Why hashtags fail?
Tips for a successful hashtag marketing campaign:
– Find out what your audience is already talking about
– Use appropriate channels and a low barrier to entry
– Be genuine
– Partner with traditional media
– Be strategic with paid promotion
– Look for creative real-time marketing opportunities
We have recently seen several successful marketing campaigns, which we have liked, followed, tweeted and retweeted. Look at what makes for a successful campaign and learn from them. Always keep up with the latest trending hashtags. These can guide you as to the current thoughts and sentiments in the social media sphere and help you tailor your own output accordingly.